Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trade Ya!

One of my favorite things about summer is Becca's Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange over at The Texas Darlings, where 2 fantastic things happen. 1. I get introduced to really amazing women from all over the country who like to blog just like me, and 2. We all get new flip-flops. Being in Texas, and having "summer weather" most of the year, the flip-flop is a staple to my non-work-wardrobe. So to find new flip-flops in the mail from a new friend is almost enough for me to throw a party!

This year, I was paired with Mimi from He & Me + 3 all the way up in Michigan. After reading Mimi's blog and getting to know her, I've decided on a few nicknames for her (Mimi, I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty). I thought about calling her "SM" for Super-Mom or "SP" for Super-Photographer (really, check out her pictures!), but I thought "SCGTIWLTHOW" would be the best nickname since she is a Super-Cool-Girl-that-I-Would-Like-To-Hang-Out-With! But another option is "SFFPO" which stands for Super-Flip-Flop-Picker-Outer. Check this out:



Not one, but TWO new sets of flip-flops (including pink cheetah!), a pedicure kit, new polish, and a postcard from Michigan. Does this girl know how to put a care-package together?? (Where was she when I was stuck in Russell Dorm my freshman year of college, needing a really great care package?!)

Becca, thanks for hosting, and Mimi, thanks so much for a great gift! I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

8 comments:

  1. I missed the exchange this year, sniff. You hit the jackpot with Mimi. She seems like such a great lady and now your feet will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Two sets of flips!! I wondered if you could transport nail polish through the mail...with it being kind of flamable and all. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff!!! You made out like a bandit!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you liked them. I am partial to ON flip flops. So many cool colors you can afford to have them all. Sorry I didn't do better sending stuff from my state. I should have drove to Mackinac to get you some fudge or some taffy :)
    Thanks for the sweet post!
    Mimi
    Those nick names are all way too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to join the flip flop exchange! Kelli, do u want to do it together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flops, and what a great idea to send a pedicure kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. saw this on Mimi's blog... great idea

    ReplyDelete