Tuesday, August 4, 2009

96 divided by 12 -- you do the math

Dearest ChellBell,

96 months ago today, I was sitting in a hospital bed listening to your heartbeat in a monitor, wondering if you would ever decide to actually come out and join us. I spent a lot of time that day wondering how different our lives would be with a baby around. I wondered if I would ever get a good night's rest again. I wondered what you would look like and how long it would take for you to know that I was your Mom, that I was the one who had carried you for the past 9 months.

But I never thought about you at Eight. I guess I was so wrapped up in when you would get teeth, that I never thought about you losing them. Or getting an allowance. Or going off to camp by yourself for a week.

But all of a sudden we're here. You're eight today. And I realize at this moment how quickly time has flown. Way faster than I ever dreamed it would.

Lying in that hospital bed with all those questions, I never ever would have guessed that a little 6 pound 4 ounce red-head bundle of baby would be able to take a pretty awesome life and make it perfect. I never would have guessed that you would be able to make me smile as big as you do and make me fall wildly in love with you. I have never been more proud, more crazy, more overwhelmed, more content, more complete than I am as your Mom. You are a sweet daughter and a sweet friend, and for as much as I have taught you over the past 8 years, you have taught me even more.

I love you and can't wait to see what God has planned for you this year.

Happy Birthday, ChellBell.

Love, Mama








13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chell! Wish we could have been there to celebrate but I am so glad that M got to spend the weekend with you! She told me today that your house was much more fun than our house!! Must be that awesome mom you have huh??

    ~Miss Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Hang on Mama, the ride has just begun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter, and as I was reading your post, I was thinking the same thing that Shawn commented! It will be a roller coaster here on out, but a wonderful one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your letters to your daughter touch me every time! What a good mama you are.

    Happy Birthday to ChellBell. What a sweet girl.

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your sweet girl.

    I love your monthly notes to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww happy birthday! Such a beauitful post! I love the picture of ChellBell :-) Also I got my awesome bag, towel, waterbottle and pop rocks yesterday. I was having a bad day then the UPS man rang the door bell around 5:30 and totally put a smile on my face. Thanks so much!! I am all set for the beach next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture of her! she is such a cutie and LOVE her red hair...I am biased, as I'm a red head too. Her's is such a gorgeous shade. She looks like she is full of spunk and fills your life with love.

    Happy Birthday!

    BTW, I love your monthly letters to her. She will cherish those her entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haooy birthday to the Big 8 year old! How cool. My oldest will be 8 in 2 months. I am with you on not thinking about them this age. She grew a ton over the summer too, now she is all legs.

    I got your bin in the mail yesterday! How awesome was all that stuff! I just love all those note cards! Just awesome! The kids are getting to try the pop rocks after school today. They have never tried them before. I am so gonna take pictures. I can't decide if I should tell them that they actually pop, or to let them find out on their own.

    Thanks again...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to the girl! Mine oldest turns 8 in October - where has the time gone, they are SOOOO big now! I love the picture of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful post...my daughter is also 8...I can't believe how fast they grow up!

    ReplyDelete