Summer officially started in our house today. I'm off with ChellBell today, and our Nanny starts tomorrow. Being a working Mom presents its challenges for truly enjoying summer, because, for the most part, life goes on as normal. Thankfully, by having a Summer Nanny, ChellBell gets to sleep late, go to the pool every day and have a fun, lazy summer. And even though I will get up every morning and go to the office, I still LOVE summer, and here are my Top 10 reasons why:
1. Grilling kabobs and corn on the cob and then eating outside (we like to climb up on the trampoline and eat our family dinner there together).
2. Pedicures and open-toe shoes.
3. Float-In Movies at the neighborhood swimming pool
4. Snow Cones after dinner - there is a place called Buck's not too far from us -- it is a whole restaurant just for snow cones -- amazing!
5. Our family trip to the beach
6. Lots of sleepovers for ChellBell and her friends
7. No school zones on my way to work, which means I can push the snooze button one more time.
8. Watermelon - I can't get enough!
9. Celebrating July 4th
10. ChellBell's birthday
Oh, I am getting excited about summer now! Thanks Kasey! If you want to join in the fun, go here to learn how.
Happy Monday (and Happy Summer)!