Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday -- taking us back a few years...

Today for Friend Makin' Monday, we are getting in our Time Capsules and going back to our childhood to reminisce about the toys we played with as children.  Amber at {aefilkins} is our host this week, and what a fun topic she came up with!  If you want to join in, go here and check out the details!

We watched very little TV as children but played a lot with these:








Twister (and to be honest, I'm still pretty darn good at this game!)









Everything Barbie, especially the town house







You sunk my battleship!







My pink bike with a big banana seat








And, my personal favorite, roller skates -- could NOT get enough time on these!


Thanks to the Swine Flu scare, ChellBell's school is out all week, and I am "working from home" today (very little emphasis on the word Work), and ChellBell just came in to remind me that it is the 4th of the month, and asked where her monthly post is...  So, I'm off to work on a 2nd post for the day.  Hope you're all having a great Monday!


9 comments:

  1. Hey. I had a pink bike with a banana seat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, three on the bike! :)

    Also, I forgot about Battleship. I STILL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twister was the best game out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list Christie! Twister is a classic! And I loved my banana seat bike and skates. I hope you are having a great day!

    XOXO
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH how could I have left off Battleship. Good one. This was fun wasnt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, Yup, Yup, yup, and yup!! Had them all...knew we were alike!!


    Have a wonderful week- take it a bit slower than last week!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. battleship was such a fun game! love the old school version, although they have electronic now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love battleship!!! The kids play it quite often, and when I challenge one of them, I usually lose! How sad!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Battleship was the best! Great list!

    Lins @ goodbyemartha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete