Duffy, the Irish Wolfhound. The Big Dog. He's such a great dog -- just a HUGE, furry, shedding lump of love. He doesn't get too much spotlight on Pop Rocks for Breakfast, because his little friend -- Benny, the Little Dog -- is always making a meal of something interesting. like double-A batteries or shoes. But Duffy is just dog-perfection. Seriously. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great dog.
I'm also a lucky girl to have great blogging friends like Kasey over at All That is Good. Do you have a bloggy-friend where it's just a treat every single time you visit their posts? Where you just feel at home, like you could prop your feet up on her coffee table, and she would comment on how great your shoes are? Well, that's Kasey! You must get to know her if you haven't been lucky enough to do so already. And she was sweet enough to give me this award:
Now I have to tell you 10 things about myself (as if talking about Granny Panties in yesterday's post wasn't enough) and then pass the award on. So here it goes...
1. My Dad was in the Air Force for 26 years, and we moved around a lot. I lived in Hawaii twice and graduated High School in Japan.
2. I have always looked really young, which I hated during the growing-up years. Now I absolutely love it -- in fact, if someone doesn't guess me for at least 5 years younger than my 38 years, I get kind of offended!
3. My husband and I met at Baylor and were really good friends but never dated there (we were "stand by" dates for each other in case we couldn't find a "real" date). In fact, we realized that we were "meant" for each other before we ever officially dated.
4. I don't like white food. Particularly white, dairy-based food like milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, whipped cream, cheesecake, cream cheese... you get the idea. But I will eat bleu cheese dressing (see, Kasey, you're not the only one!). I'm sort of strange like that.
5. I have 3 Webkinz and my own account, so ChellBell and I can play each other.
6. Unfortunately, I work way too much but have a great job finding work for people in the IT field. It's all I've ever done, and it's pretty rewarding!
7. My Mom is an excellent party-thrower, and I got the bug from her. I like to have the same parties year after year -- making them each a tradition -- like our Dads & Daughters Breakfast, the Photo Safari, Easter Egg Hunt, and the Christmas Pajama Exchange.
8. I absolutely love to sing and have enjoyed singing with a great group of girls from the Dallas Junior League for the past 6 years. I am that crazy girl who is always singing in the car. My neighbors will pull up next to me at a stoplight and wave, but I'm too busy singing to notice.
9. I also put my makeup on in my car. Sometimes while I'm singing. I keep a Trish McEvoy planner in my car and do my makeup en route. When we're entertaining at home, I have to run out to my car to get my makeup!
10. I am completely illiterate when it comes to sports. I cheered in high school but still know nothing more than how to spell defense and that a basket in basketball equals 2 points.
...Whew! More than you'd ever want to know about me!
So now I get to pass the award on, and the lucky winners are:
Rose at Prose from Rose -- Rose just celebrated her 40th birthday in style. I am enjoying getting to know her through her blog and can't wait to learn more!
Renee at The Sturgill Road -- Renee is a fun Mom, and it's been great to get to know her family through her posts and pictures!
Christie at Favorite Things -- Christie is superwoman. She manages her household and family (oh, you should see these cute kids!) while her husband travels and has an un-ending sense of humor about life!
Keri at Doing Life -- I have known Keri for 33 years, and everyone should have the privilege of knowing her. She is an amazing writer, and just an amazing girl!
Becca at The Texas Darlings -- Becca is like my sister, and while her life has changed dramatically in the past 12 months, her love of life and creativity haven't changed at all!