Sunday, March 22, 2009

All about nesting...

My friend Becca is adding to her nest!  She is already Mom to a close-to-perfect 8 year old and a cuter-than-cute 6 1/2 year old, and God has decided to bless her with another baby boy -- we just had to celebrate!

Our church recently built a new facility to accommodate our growth.  The foyer of our church, called The Crossing, has the most beautiful, natural setting, which was the perfect venue for a Nest-themed baby shower.  Here are some pictures...


Birdhouses covered with scrapbook paper


Each table had a centerpiece of branches secured in rock salt


With birdcages and nests to match the theme


By the end of the shower, all of the centerpieces were covered with notes for Becca and the baby


The food was catered by a Dallas staple, Celebrity Cafe & Bakery


They even made these precious petit fours, which tasted as great as they look!


I can't throw a party without a craft -- we made canvas picture frames for the nursery


There was actually great participation


And now Becca has a cute way to display and switch out photos


Everyone took home a cute clipboard as a favor


What a great group of friends!


And of course, where there is water...  I'm just glad our girls waited until the shower was over!


The best thing in the world is to celebrate with a friend


No matter what age you happen to be


18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and creative party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great baby shower!!! Wow - I am so impressed. Everything looks so beautiful Christie! I love those petite fours and the clipboards are darling!!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie,

    You are such a blessing!! Matt & I were just talking about how grateful we are to God for putting you & your family in our lives.

    The shower was so incredibly special to us- what a great way to honor Baby Ian. Thank you for all your hard work, creativity, and love you poured into my family!

    Love you!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beatiful shower...I especially love the tree where people go to write something nice for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful shower and a beautiful room in your church...wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! That tops any shower I have attended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow will you do a party for me???? That was incredible, and so gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you did it again! What a cute idea for a baby shower.....almost makes me want another baby just so I can have a party thrown by you. Becca is lucky to have you....so is sweet Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, I loved the notes that the guests put on the tree. It looks so special. Love everything about it, I wish I could have been there to see it in person! I will definitely use some of those ideas for a Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog. I L-O-V-E the baby shower post. I am hosting one in April and got great ideas from your post!!! It looked like an incredible day! The table decorations and craft station were awesome ideas, not to mention the party favors! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fabulous party!! The shower looks amazing - the decorations, the craft! Not to mention how fantastic the food looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shower looked lovely and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is such a great idea! I love the clipboard and the bird house...I need one like that for my living room because it is just too cut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful setting and a beautiful shower! I just love the "nest" idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I.LOVE.THAT.SHOWER! What a special and beautiful party. Those are the prettiest petit fors I have ever seen. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my goodness! Christie, that is fabulous! I want to copy all of it! Thanks for the inspiration--what a wonderfully magnificent party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a creative and fun shower! I love the bird houses and bird nests at the tables! What a memory I am sure your friend will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christie! This is beautiful! I followed Becca's link over to see this. Gorgeous theme and precious details! Well done!

    ReplyDelete