Tuesday, December 4, 2007

When God closes a door, He opens a Window... Chris does the same thing.

We've been having some issues with the door that goes to the back yard. Not actually the door, just the doorknob. So being the Handy Mandy that I am, I went to Lowe's and bought a new handle and lock set. To my surprise, I successfully changed the lock on the back door. But when it came to the handle... well, that was a different story.

The point is that we've had the new knob/handle to install, but I couldn't figure it out, and the old one has mostly done its job, so no new doorknob.

Chris got up at 6 AM with the dogs this morning and found himself unable to get out the door to the back yard. The knob will turn, but the little latchy-thing doesn't budge at all. So, being half asleep and surrounded by yelpy dogs, he picked up the little dog and ordered the big dog to follow and traipsed through the front yard, around the side of the house, and through the back yard gate.

Did I mention he was just wearing underwear?

So I get a call from my sweet husband at work today, who says in his studly-man-of-the-house voice, "Well, I fixed the door problem..." Which surprised me, because he'd had a miserably busy day, and I was amazed that he'd found time to fix it or call someone to come out to the house.

And then he continued, "When you get home tonight, just open the window by the kitchen table and let the dogs climb out." (Like some kind of new -- HUGE -- doggy door. And oh, yippee, it's 35 degrees outside!) And if that isn't bad enough, he adds, "The little dog got it the first try, but I had to show the big dog how to do it a few times before he would jump out."

Unfortunately, I do not have any footage of Chris demonstrating the Doggy Door -- um, window -- but I do have a clip of the poor, confused dogs, just wanting to come in the back door.


PS. I found Christmas stockings for the dogs this weekend at Old Navy. The red one says "Naughty" and the green one says "Nice". Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment