Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm back from Wonderland...















Hi friends, sorry to have left you high and dry during a month of blogging about the Extraordinary-ness of every day.

Honestly, I just ran out of Extraordinary. Has that ever happened to you? I feel like a brat for saying that I had to look too hard to find it, because I know extraordinary things are all around us. But it got to a point where my posts were going to read like this:

I breathed today, and that was good.
I went home to a great family.
No one made me eat mayonnaise.
And that was today's Extraordinary.

Sometimes when you have to look too hard for the things that put a skip in your step or make your smile a bit brighter, it becomes a chore, and then finding the Extraordinary isn't fun anymore.

So I went into my hole.

Remember when Alice fell into a hole and found herself in Wonderland? Where she ate a little biscuit and the world began to cave in all around her, and then she sipped a little soda and became so tiny that she was helpless? And then she was surrounded by Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee and ran pointless races that never ended? And from there she found herself at the table with the Mad Hatter?

I can relate to this girl.

And the rabbit -- "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, no time to say 'hello' 'goodbye', I'm late!" (read "no time to blog or facebook or twitter -- I'm late!")

And next thing Alice knows, the Queen is yelling "OFF WITH HER HEAD" because Alice has messed up again.

And all Alice wants to do is wake up out of this dream and find herself safe, sound, and happy under the calm tree with her sister reading a book at her side.

So, friends, that's where I've been. And blogging every day about being late, having the world cave in, and knowing that you've messed up again is less than perfect and not fun to read. So I took a little break and looked for that calm reading spot under the tree.

Can't say that I've found it, but I've missed you all enough to want to return to the great world of blogging and continue looking for the Extraordinary. And if the Extraordinary ends up to be the Mad Hatter at the Tea Party, perhaps I will just be sure to get a new recipe or fashion tips on hats.

xoxox

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back and I can totally relate! Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be the great blogger. We just love whatever we can get :)

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to see your post! I know exactly how you feel. Just know that even if you post just once a month, you have readers that will be happy with just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! Ooh, a good recipe is a wonderful thing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to hear from you! I've missed you and been a little worried that something might have happened to you or your family. But I can totally relate to needing time off from blogging or the world in general. Time to find your calm reading spot is important. Writing (blogging) shouldn't be a chore or forced. It sounds like you put too much pressure on yourself. I'm glad you're back though. I want to hear how Miss Chell-bell is doing and how you're spending your fall. But if you don't feel like talking yet, that's okay too. In fact, if you just want to read and not write, that may be a good thing. If you need a chuckle or want to feel better about yourself, read about how I scared myself in the bathroom last night, LOL. http://www.mandylifeafter30.com/2009/10/scariest-place-i-know.html

    Anyway, it's nice to see you up and on again. I hope you have a great Halloween and upcoming holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, girl I totally understand. I was trying to blog about these interesting things and lost the total focus of why I started blogging and that was to keep a journal of our family and our life. And though it may not be interesting to some, it is a total roller coaster ride for us that we want to remember.
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I am smiling...as you have always had a wonderfully creative way to express things. I remember when you were in elementary school and one of your teachers said you had an "uncanny grasp of the obvious!" You do, and express it uniquely...and in ways that relate to our lives.

    Ahhhhh...breathing! That IS extraordinary. I found that out last year. When going through cancer and chemotherapy, I discovered that even the challenging times can be a gift from God. Sometimes it takes time and distance to see their purposes. And breathing DEFINITELY is a gift, especially when you consider the alternative!

    The BOOK says that this is the day the Lord has made...even the challenging ones, the exhausting ones, the ones that seem to have no purpose...are all in His hands. Seasons have their purpose.

    And knowing you...and reading the comments, I know that everyday you are surrounded with extradinary friends...including Chris and Cella!

    Thanks for sharing...even in the midst of seeking.

    I love you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we've all been there once or twice. Hope you find your calm shaddy spot soon. Glad you're back to blogging!

    Have a good day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popped in from Jenn's to say hi! I hope you have a lovely Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I have so missed you. You are such a creative writer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're back! and I know what you're talking about. Remember my forever long absence? Sometimes you just need a break right?! Missed you and so glad you're okay and back with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! So glad you are back. I have missed "hearing" you through this blog!!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're back!!! And just so you know, I would gladly reach down and help you out of that hole next time you find yourself there.....except I may ask you to bring Johnnie Depp.....I mean The Mad Hatter......with you!

    Wonderful, creative and well stated post. I completely related......have had my toes hanging over the edge for a bit now with my arms waving wildly in the air to keep from toppling in.

    Love and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see YOUR BACK! I know exactly what you mean...its happening to all of us..

    ReplyDelete